May 24, 2010

Yo Mina Mina!

Last weekend my niece Mina Loy turned 3-years-grown! Since my nephew Gus had turned 1 a month ago, my family decided to have one big party for the both of them. Mina was born with paralyzed vocal cords and spent the first months of her life with a hole in her throat and was constantly in and out of the hospital. Now at 3, her vocal cords work 100% and she is constantly singing and won't shut-up!

I also just dove into the geeky world of DSLR video and got a Canon T2i. The party was a perfect time to give it a test run.



Hours after I got home from the birthday party I found out that a friend had lost her life earlier that day. The combination of both events reinforced the need to cherish the loved ones in your life and each day you have with them.

No comments: