July 21, 2010

Jeremy Lin getting more than just looks.

I'm officially on the Jeremy Lin bandwagon! I had read a lot about the brotha before, but really, I wasn't about to watch a Harvard basketball game. After Lin's performance at the NBA summer league (especially against John Wall) it looks like he's gonna get picked up by the Warriors. As much as I would love for him to be in LA, I would rather see him get more money and the opportunity to play near his hometown in the bay, plus we all know what happens when an Asian brotha gets picked up by the Lakers.



I know the current NBA is a much different league than it was in the 1940's but the JA in me would like to take this opportunity to remind folks about Wat Misaka. Not only was Misaka the Knicks' first round pick in 1947 but he was the FIRST PERSON OF COLOR TO PLAY IN THE NBA!

No comments: